Ministers Who Have Served This Church

 

  • Ken Hartley  - 1959 - 1962

  • Alva Sizemore - 1962-1964

  • Bill Twaddell - 1964 - 1968

  • Richard McDole - 1969 - 1994

  • Steven Knisley - 1994 - 1996

  • Jack Bliffen - 1997 - 2002

  • Mark Naugler - 2002 -2003

  • Cliff Woodrum - 2003 - 2019

Church History

 

A handful of Christians realized the potential growth of this area and had the foresight to recognize the need fora Christian Church in Cocoa Beach.  On May 31, 1959 the first congregation met at the home of Mr. & Mrs. O.M. Dickinson for their first service.  Ken Hartley of the Eau Gallie Christian Church conducted services through the month of June.

 

In July of 1959, the services were moved to the Cocoa Beach Fire Hall and the work was turned over to Fred Dorrall of Kissimmee.  In August of 1959, Ken Hartley began his full-time ministry here.  The first convert was K. Starzinger who was later ordained and moved on to the mission field.  In October of 1959, the meeting place was moved to Pedro's Restaurants.  In January of 1960, the church moved to a building on South Orlando Avenue.  In April of 1961, land was purchased for the new church building.  The first worship service in the new building was held in April of 1963.  In February of 1977, the bonds for the building were paid off.

Location
Contact

 

470 South Brevard Ave

Cocoa Beach, FL 32931

------------------------------

PO Box 320807

Cocoa Beach, FL 32931


Phone: 321-783-4303​

Worship

 

Sunday

  Sunday School: 9:30

  Worship: 10:30

 

Wednesday

  Bible Study: 6:30

  

Need Directions? [Click Here]

© 2016 First Christian Church of Cocoa Beach